Nursery & Preschool
Monday – Friday: 07:30 – 18:30
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located in Orbital Plaza on Bridge Street in Cannock, the same plaza where the iconic Holiday Inn Tower can be seen, south of Cannock Town Centre.
Conveniently situated we have fantastic transport links to the A5, A460, A34 and M6 Toll, allowing easy access for work commuters and families from neighbouring towns and villages.
There is on-site car parking available for easy drop off/pick up.
This beautiful nursery is based in the heart of the High Street and offers a cosy home from home environment, providing quality childcare from birth to 5 years.
We offer a broad range of activities for children to explore and expand their natural curiosity and learn through play.
We love the great outdoors, and our nursery features open spaces for our children to enjoy, they also experience outdoor learning in the nearby forest school area.
Our fabulous nursery has a wonderful team of early years practitioners, with a wealth of experience. Your child is allocated a ‘Key Person’, and this member of staff is the main care giver for your child, as well as being the main point of contact for your family. This is the start of us building a collaborative relationship between nursery and home life.
We promote close parent partnerships and provide daily updates and photos about your child’s routine and activities through our online parent portal. Our parent forum also provides a platform to give feedback and share ideas, and our ‘breakfast on the go’ days are popular and fuel our parents for a busy day ahead.
NAPPY WIPES & CREAM
We will provide nappies, wipes and nappy cream.
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
We have a safe place for you to store your buggy at our nursery.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Extra Curricular Activities
We provide fun and interactive extra-curricular activities that the children will enjoy and love, this can include language classes, dance, music and movement sessions, a variety of different sports classes, science and cooking sessions, and much more!
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Footsteps Nursery & Preschool
Babies and movers
- Our Baby and Movers Rooms are calm, relaxing but stimulating environments for children aged 0-2 years, and are the perfect place for children to begin their nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore, develop, and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch and feel
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and physical development
- The children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
Toddlers and rising 3’s
- Our Toddler Room is where children can thrive as they become more independent, curious and begin developing their confidence
- We provide a variety of activities to develop the children’s speech and language to enhance their ability to form friendships, take turns and encourage them to become ‘Confident Communicators’
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities based on their own interests. Observed by our practitioners’ children become ‘Independent Investigators’
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- Our preschool environment supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- Through experiences the children learn to become more emotionally resilient and can overcome and solve problems in their play, encouraging them to become ‘Resilient Resolvers’
- We provide school readiness initiatives focusing on learning life skills to prepare children for their next step into school
- Our children get ‘one step ahead’ and can wander, climb, splash and run in our outdoor learning environments
- Whatever we do indoors can also be taken outdoors allowing children to adapt their play to the world around them
- Our garden is essential for healthy development and wellbeing, and our Forest School sessions promote interest in the natural world
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks safely, and our outdoor equipment encourages physical activity and challenges
- We offer discovery and investigative play opportunities, and our children are encouraged to try new things through activities such as role play, water play and sand play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, and flowers
Hello, my name is Kelly, I joined Footsteps in 2014 and am the Nursery Manager here at Cannock.
I hold a diploma in childcare and qualified in 1997. I am passionate about childcare and strive on providing every child with the best opportunities and experience during their time here with us at Footsteps.
Our fantastic team ensure each child has the best start in life by catering to each child’s individual needs, providing a nurturing environment that enables children to explore and be challenged in their learning.
Hello, my name is Toni, I’m the Deputy Manager here at Cannock.
I joined Footsteps in 2019 as a Senior Room Leader in preschool and then went on to be promoted to Deputy Manager in February 2022. I qualified in 2010 as a level 3 practitioner and went on to gain experience in both schools and private settings.
Our nursery builds an environment inspired by the children’s interests, making secure bonds and attachments with children. Our fantastic team ensure every child has the best experiences and enjoys their time spent at Footsteps.
Early years is what I love most, watching children learn and grow from babies through to preschool and knowing you have been a part of their learning journey is amazing!
We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring every child’s individual needs are met. We provide children with the support needed to grow and develop and give them the confidence, independence, and resilience they need to succeed.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 20th January, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.